The European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) is searching for a Policy and Communications Officer with experience in the solar thermal markets and/or technology.
ESTIF is the voice of one of the fastest growing industries in Europe. Our more than 100 members (manufacturers, service providers, research institutes and national solar associations) represent more than 95% of Europe’s solar heating and cooling market.
Our key goal is to promote the use of solar thermal energy in Europe, and to support the dynamic growth of our industry.
ESTIF currently has a staff of four persons. Our secretariat in Brussels is located in the Renewable Energy House, together with the headquarters of the other leading renewables associations at European level – in walking distance to the main buildings of the EU Institutions.
The Policy and Communications Officer keeps an eye on the whole range of issues affecting solar thermal markets, identifies current and future issues and helps develop ESTIF’s strategies. Topics include policies, market information and statistics, research and development, standards and certification issues, building regulations,…
The Policy and Communications Officer will work mainly in Brussels and occasionally travel within Europe. We offer a permanent full-time position with a work contract according to Belgian law.
We are looking for a dynamic person with the ability to independently identify relevant issues, to formulate positions on a wide variety of topics and to communicate them externally (to policy makers, journalists, NGOs etc.) as well as internally (ESTIF Members, solar thermal industry).
Key tasks of ESTIF’s Policy and Communications Officer:
- monitoring the whole range of issues affecting solar thermal markets
- identifying upcoming issues
- developing strategies for possible actions
- formulating positions and creating consensus
- finding common grounds with other interest groups
- communicating positions and news to external and internal stakeholders
- managing projects with partners from several countries
- participating as needed in the overall work of the association
Required skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in the solar thermal sector
- Excellent analytical skills
- Very good communication skills
- At least three years professional experience in relevant positions
- University degree
- Fluent English, other languages a strong asset
- Very good command of standard office software
- Ideally, experience in project management
Ideal starting date: May 2008
Per le modalità di domanda: http://www.estif.org/278.0.html
4 marzo 2008